New beginnings

Friday, 1 November 2013

I bet you thought that I'd return from Canada with a spring in my step and more than ready to regale the tales of the Rockies. If I'm totally honest, so did I! And in those final few days in BC, I was already plotting the next series of blog posts in my head; the very subjects of which excited me so much, I couldn't wait to board that 12 hour flight and get typing.

However 24 hours later, I wish I'd never bothered coming home at all. For I'd entered a shitstorm that pretty much took me until the past few weeks to get out of. And my usual, imperfect reaction to such a calamity is simply to run away. Bury my head in the sand. I'm very much the 'flight' in the fight or flight response. Usually. This time, I've faced everything a bit differently. I've looked a lot of things and people dead in the eyes and fought. I've stood my ground. It's a given that I've been a bit of a bull in a china shop at times (haven't we all?) but actually, now the storm has subsided, I'm glad I've been through all of that. I'm glad I changed my tact. I do have it in me to be a defiant leader. At 26 years old, I'm finally having faith in my own adulthood.

It's not the time to go into detail yet, I'm still stewing over facts. But I'm now okay; very mostly okay. Especially thanks to some of the most amazing people that I have ever had the pleasure of knowing, even some people I never would have expected to chip in have come forward and made me feel good. My family, my close friends, my colleagues and beyond - I couldn't have done it without all of you. I hope you understand that this is why I haven't written for a while. However, I think I'm just about ready to take something positive from all of this now. Starting with reliving what a bloody awesome time I had in Canada back in September (seriously - how have 2 months just sped on by?!)

Bear with me a couple of days. But in true tough girl style, I'll be back with a bang. I swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment