Hello 2013

Tuesday, 1 January 2013


The first day of the first month of a brand new year and it's all blues skies and sunshine. What a beautiful beginning.

It may be too cliché for some - and it certainly is almost too much for me - but really, what better way is there to start on an entirely clean slate than the turn of a new year? I'm really hoping that 2013 is a good year for me; not strictly my year, but in the sense that I find myself somewhat. I don't really do resolutions but it's always the usual for me: I hope to read more, I wish to get back to a good state of fitness, I yearn to travel more and yet again I will not let this Photo 365 desire lay to rest. You know.

In a quick reflection of 2012, let's just say it was a bit of a rollercoaster. The needle was a-flickering all year but I am happy to say it was nestled firmly in the middle at the conclusion. Not too great but not too sad either. I kissed hello and goodbye to my car, I made new friends and discovered which of the old ones were true, loved and lost and began to learn about why. I travelled to Edinburgh, Copenhagen and Krakow. I went to the gigs of The Bronx, Bloc Party (like finally), Head Automatica, Reel Big Fish, Sayanything, and Canterbury twice. And perhaps one of the Big Positives for me: after all that bleedin' training, I finally became the manager of my shop. If ever I think it's been a dismal year, I just remind myself that in that fact alone, I have achieved so damn much and nobody can take that away for me.

So I await the rest of 2013 with my best foot forward. I can't wait to see what opportunities not only lie ahead of me, but that I can create for myself. Because this year is all about making things happen.

Happy New Year, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment