Spring sprang sprung

Wednesday, 18 April 2012

On Monday night, I noticed that the blossoms on the tree by my flat looked extremely lively and pink. I am adamant that this is a sign that spring is well and truly on it's way, especially after all that delightful weather in March when it was almost tropical outside! Unfortunately, since then, it's been a bit of a rainy wash-out and generally quite wintery again, but that doesn't stop me living in hope for all the delights of the upcoming season. For me, these include:

♥ Lots of colourful and sunny walks and bike rides in the countryside.
♥ Picnics and BBQs for dinner sat in fields and watching the sun set.
♥ Getting right back into running and chasing lots of PBs.
♥ Lighter, healthier eating - salads, pittas, hummus, couscous, pasta and pesto, fresh fruit and potato salads.
♥ Lots of refreshing cold drinks like juices, iced teas and frappes.
♥ Being able to venture outside without a jacket or a brolly.
♥ Beautiful flowers everywhere.

Basically, I just can't wait to shake off all those winter blues and climb out of my forever-worn pyjamas and soak up all the goodness that spring has to offer! It's been a long wait but I finally believe it's ready to start.

What are you most looking forward to about spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment