A winter's walk

Monday, 9 January 2012

Look how behind I am! These are the last photos that I have from 2011. On one of our joint days off work (it's rare, trust me) in that lovely lull between Christmas and New Year, Phil & I decided to jump in my car(!) - it's still a novelty - and drive somewhere for a lazy walk in the beautiful countryside. The spot we picked was Holmbury Hill, and we decided to climb to the top of the hill and then down to a nearby village called Peaslake for a spot of refuelling (read: pint-sinking; for one of us, anyway). Even though it was a freezing late December day, and it did absolutely chuck it down with rain at points with only trees for cover, it was a dandy day and we managed a slow 4-&-a-bit mile amble. It's nice to feel fresh air, sometimes!





We've decided (or me, as Phil probably has forgotten already) that we're going to do a lot of exploring in 2012 - some close to home, some further afield. I feel like I know a lot of places in England & Wales, but I probably only really know a handful of them. It's high time I got to see some corners of my country that I've been longing to visit (& in some cases, revisit) for ages. 2012 is definitely the year of the staycation. Plus there are lots of little nooks and crannies less than an hour's drive from our home that I'm just dying to see - plenty of beauty spots, pretty little villages, and a lot more countryside walking to be done!




"What the bloody hell is this?" / "DUH! It's a wishy-washy thing... isn't it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment